Saturday, September 29, 2007

September 29

It's been another wonderful week enjoying taking care of little Jonah. He had his follow-up doctor's appointment on Monday and he weighed 9lbs 8oz - a gain of 8oz in seven days. I think Jonah inherited his hearty eating habits from the Meyer side of the family. My aunt Jane and cousin Andrea came to visit on Tuesday and Wednesday and we had a wonderful time together. Jonah took his first trip to Target (although he had already shopped at Meijer twice) and we enjoyed walking through downtown Lowell and peeking in the shops. Good thing Jonah is so little, otherwise I don't think he would appreciate doing so much shopping. People have started bringing us meals, which I really appreciate. Even though Jonah is such a good and easy baby, he seems to have this little internal alarm that goes off whenever it's dinner time and signals him to fuss. It doesn't matter if dinner is at 5:00 or 6:30, he'll always fuss right when we're ready to eat. It's a mystery to me, although I know it's very common for babies to fuss around dinner time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Linnea,

Glad to hear that Jonah is doing so well. It's nice that people are helping you out with meals, I'm sure that's very helpful. It's good that you're getting Jonah started with shopping at such a young age! :-) Hopefully he'll get used to it.

~Emily~