Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A New Milestone!



Today Jonah pulled himself up to standing in his playpen! I was sitting there and suddenly noticed that he had gotten up on his knees and a few moments later he was standing! I couln't believe it! Later in the afternoon he pulled himself up on the coffee table. Jon went in right away and lowered his crib mattress (we still had it raised in the infant position). Now I'm sure that real crawling is not far behind. He can scooch forward a few inches at a time when he's really motivated to get something, but he still doesn't get the concept of moving arms and legs together to accomplish forward movement.
His other fun tricks as of late are copying tongue clicks, sniffing, and blowing raspberries. Jon and I are in a mad race to see if he will say "Mama" or "Dada" first. We both drill him on it constantly, but of course I have the advantage because I'm with him more. Hopefully I'll be able to get some good videos of these tricks before he moves on to bigger and better things!

3 comments:

Em said...

Way to go, Buffin! You are getting so big!!

Em said...

By the way...I think your first word should be "Aunt Emily." Okay...so that's really two words, but we won't tell anyone. ;-)

Anonymous said...

You are smart to change the crib over. He looks so close to crawling and climbing he'd be on his head in no time!
Love
Carol