Monday, April 28, 2008

Rise and Shine

One of the best parts about being a mom is watching Jonah's excitement at seeing me when I go to get him up from a nap. It's priceless. Speaking of naps... after almost two exhausting weeks of trying to get the buffin to sleep without a swaddle I gave up. I thought he would figure it out, but he just didn't. He would lay in his crib kicking around and squealing for as long as two hours. I would end up leaning over his crib holding his arms and legs still until he fell asleep. My back was getting sore and I didn't see the point in being a human swaddle, so I got the wraps back out. Ahhhhh. Sweet relief (for both of us). Maybe we'll try again in a few months.

1 comment:

Em said...

He sound really happy and excited, although it was too dark for me to see too much. Too bad about the swaddles...maybe next month...