Monday, March 31, 2008

Catching Up

It's been a while since my last post, so I have a lot of catching up to do. On our way home from Denver we stopped back in Colorado Springs and were able to see not only Leslie and her kids, but also Jon's other brother, Preston, and his family who were visiting for spring break. It was more difficult to get a picture of the three cousins this time than it was at Christmas because Oliver and Naomi are mobile now. Jonah still can't make it out of the chair on his own, but I'm sure he'll be doing it sooner than I think.





The trip home from Colorado went smoothly for the most part... Jonah had two "poo-sasters" (a poop disaster) on the road, each requiring new clothing from head to toe. But other than that he slept most of the time and I learned my lesson and filled up on gas while I still had a quarter of a tank left.
Emily took some great pictures of Jonah in his stroller at a restaurant.
The buffin was not too thrilled at his first taste of peas.


Unfortunately I forgot to take my camera to Wheaton when we went for Easter so I didn't get any pictures on that trip. But we had a great time seeing Grandpa and Uncle Paul and Aunt Vashti. Jon's parents were also in town so they got to spend some time with Jonah too. The buffin did great on the plane both ways (despite another major poo-saster on the plane just as we were descending into Dallas) and enjoyed making new friends wherever we went. He is certainly not shy and "dances" rocking back and forth to show his excitement at meeting someone new.
Buffin's big accomplishment this past week has been learning to sit up by himself. It's so exciting! I think life is a little more fun for him now that he can sit and entertain himself rather than having to just lay there.



Buffin loves the swing at the park across the street from our apartment. I'm sure we'll be spending a lot of time there this summer. He's very good about keeping his hat on and only protests mildly when I put sunscreen on him. I can't wait to start taking him to the pool when they open it for the summer. Hopefully they open the pool here sooner than Memorial Day since it's already in the 70's every day.


1 comment:

Em said...

Hooray for the Buffin sitting! I knew he was almost ready for it. :) I'm glad you had a good trip to Wheaton. Too bad about forgetting your camera, though.

That's a super cute picture of the Buffin sitting in the swing...I love the tongue!!